Thursday, December 16, 2010

What is this?

Hi,

Nice to see you. This site is te reincarnation of a previous project I had called Berto's Interpreting Related Internet Jamborie , and yes, I realize "jamboree" is spelled wrong. I started the old site when I was in grad school back in 2004 and posted some papers there in the hopes someone might find them useful. It turns out a few people did just that. Then I stopped adding to it because I wasn't in school anymore and my writing shifted to other things. Well guess what? Lucky for you and the world I'm back in grad school and writing about interpreting again.


So what is this? Basically this is a place where I plan to share some things I think are interesting or funny about interpreting. Don't worry, I won't be breaking the Code of Professional Conduct. What I hope for is a place we terps can take little time to laugh about what we do and the people we do it with. I also hope to share more serious stuff like new research and other happenings I think interpreters might be interested in.

So, I hope you come back every once in a while and see what's here. I don't really have a schedule in mind I'll just be posting when there's something worth posting.

Cheers,
-Bertp

No comments:

Post a Comment